In 2020, Hadassah-Israel supported the purchase of a special CT machine called a Cone Beam CT (CBCT) whose radiation output is less than a third of the output of a standard CT machine.
It is a unique device, the only one of its kind in Israel and is used for clear and accurate imaging when diagnosing and treating injury or abnormality in the head, mouth, oral cavity, jaws, face and neck.
In addition, this innovative device is used during cochlear implant surgery, which improves hearing for deaf and hearing-impaired babies and adults.
Other projects that received support from Hadassah-Israel over the last years:
- The Marlene Greenbaum Multidisciplinary Diagnostic Breast Center
- The Ophthalmology Department
- Stem Cell Research
- The Orthopedic Department
- The Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- The Rehabilitation Center for disabled soldiers, victims of terror attacks and other patients
- A monitor for the Covid-19 department